Monday 20 September 2010

Birthday Candle

Hi Folks,
This was the little present i made for cousin on her 21st birthday.
The base candle was winter berry purple from Asda.
I stamped the verse, i think it was from a stampin up set, using memento tuexdo black onto some lilac mulberry paper and used the heritage happy birthday stamp below it. Then i carefully teased the edges apart to create a frayed rectangle. I repeated this on a piece of whit mulberry paper only slightly larger to allow me to create a layered effect. I then used my promarkers to turn the white mulberry paper into a darker shade of purple. I use my promarkers on anything that sits still long enough to be coloured, lol!
I stuck the two layers together with double sided tape and fastened them directly to the candle using double sided tape also. To add a little bit of sparkle i added four purple self adhesive gem stones by papermania to each corner of the stamped mulberry paper.
I popped it into a large cellophane bag along with some little purple punched daisies and tied it closed with three organza ribbons of various thickness and shades of purple.
Quick and cheap to make.
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment