Thursday 19 August 2010

Starbook days


Hi folks,
while sorting out photos on the computer for my scrapbook pages i came across these pictures and thought i'd share them with you.
These are of a birthday starbook that i made and decorated as a birthday present for a friend.
I used card stock from the paper mill shop, junction one to create the actual layers of the book in shades of ivory and purples. I stitched all the layers together to create the over all star effect seen in the top left image. I kept the decoration simple as i wanted the focus to be on the verses and the pictures which i had left spaces for to be added by the recipient. The verses were all computer generated and the stamped border background was with a colour box cats eye - royal silk and a hero arts border stamp (wavy pinwheel - i think).
It made a lovely gift and was gratefully received and sits proudly displayed on the coffee table.
I'm trying to finish off my many half completed projects ( too many - it's really naughty of me, i'm easily distracted with something new!!) so hopefully i will have some new project pictures for you soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment